Friday, October 5, 2012

Blogger Spotlight: Babs Book Bistro

Today I have the great honor of introducing Babs Hightower of Babs Book Bistro to all of you!  Babs has been one of the bloggers that Seventh Star Press has worked with since our earliest times.  She also happened to be the blogger who collaborated with us on our very first blog tours for SSP authors!  We love being featured on the Bistro, and now there's even a Broadcast From the Bistro now too!  So come on in, have a seat, meet Babs, and experience the magic of the Bistro! :)

Blogger Spotlight #6: Babs Book Bistro





1. Tell us a little about yourself, and your background. 

I am a working stay at home mom to 4 boys, 11 Siberian Huskies, 1 cat and my husband. He works out of town Sunday through Friday so weekends are spent on family time. I enjoy cooking, baking, gardening, and writing along with fall weather. Not to mention a big Georgia Bulldogs fan.
I am the owner of Babs Book Bistro, a book review blog. I started back in 2008. I loved helping the authors promote their work and wanted to help beyond that scope. I started helping Stephen at Seventh Star Press with blog tours. It started taking off and now I am a publicist for Entangled Publishing LLC and the PR director for Lyrical Press Inc. I enjoy both jobs as I get to talk to people are various newspapers, radio stations, TV stations and magazines along with helping the authors.


2. What kinds of books do you like to read for pleasure? 

 Romance, Historical romance, Western romance, mysteries, fantasies, Highlander’s, Amish, some YA and some sci-fi. 

3.  Any favorites? 

Pride & Prejudice is my absolute favorite along with Cleo Coyle’s series. I recently read a book by Nancy Lee Badger her Highlander series, which is very good.


4. When did you start your blog, and what motivated you to do it? 

Back in 2008 a friend of mine talked me into posting my reviews as I had several people asking what I thought about what I was reading. It has been fun ever since. 



5. How did you come up with the name for your site? Is there a story behind it? 

 I started out with the blog called Babs’ World of Books and decided in 2010 to change the name. When I think of books I think of food and hot beverages. So my husband said why don’t you call it Babs Book Bistro. The name has fit.


6. What kinds of genres do you cover on your site? 

What I will review

Cozy Mysteries

Romance

Western romance

Historical Romance

Some erotica

I will do blog tours and promos for other genres of course, YA, Sci-Fi fantasy etc.



7. What kinds of regular features do you have on your site? 
Guest posts, Author interviews, Talk Radio, blog tours, giveaways, blitz days, free Amazon days Bistro newspaper and more.



8. What is the hardest thing about being a blogger? 
Enough time to do everything I would like to do.



9. What are your favorite things about being a blogger? 

Meeting new authors and bloggers. Having them happy with the work I do.



10.  If you could give a piece of advice or two to authors looking to work with a blog site, what would you say? 

 Please read the bloggers review policy if they have one. It will save you both some time in the long run. Each blogger is different most of us like talking with the author and getting to know them a bit better. Some do not. You have to play it by ear.



11. Tell us a little about the new podcast? 

Broadcast From the Bistro is for authors, readers and anyone in the book industry. I feel it is an excellent way to promote more about your book, business and or learn more from the author etc.



12.What made you start it and how are you enjoying it so far? 

It came out of the blue. I wanted something else to offer authors and readers other than through the blogs. I started looking and noticed there were not too many radio shows. I decided to give it a shot. I love it. I enjoy getting to know more about the author and seeing a different side to them than you see on the blogs.



13. Any last thoughts or things you might want to say to readers who are finding out about your blog for the first time? 

 I am an open-minded type of blogger nothing really scares me away from an author and I take things with a grain of salt. I try to cater to everyone like a big bistro. I want the person to feel at home and enjoy him or herself.




Be sure to connect with Babs and her wonderful Bistro at the following links:

www.babsbookbistro.net
www.twitter.com/babsbookbistro
www.linkedin.com/pub/barbara-hightower/31/368/485
www.goodreads.com/user/show/1970552-babs
www.facebook.com/pages/BabsBookBistro/187967501251632
https://plus.google.com/u/0/113298616430365602707/posts



3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. I like your list of genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 Si!!! OMG how do you do that? We had one and the hair drove me nuts. and don't get me started on his attitude... I don't know how you do it with a big family like that, I am impressed :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis